HOA Meeting Minutes – Summary

Sara-Cam Associates II, Inc.

Record of Monthly HOA Informational Session – Summary

NOTE:  Posted Record is Unofficial Pending Any Corrections Noted

Any Revisions Made to Draft Minutes will be Clearly Noted in Posting

November 20, 2017

Recap of the October HOA Information Session was read

Julie Callebert read Treasurer’s Report from October

Special Events shared:

  • Holiday Tree Raffle will be drawn at December HOA Information Session.

  • Football Frenzy in January. We are asking attendees to bring an entrée or gift for prize awards.

Community Manager’s Meeting was held on November 8, 2017 with Susan Fatzie, Julie Callebert and Don Wise.  Topics included:

  • Lawn Spraying (4 times a year), Road Resurfacing, Pool AED signage, Adding a ‘No Fishing Sign’ to pool fence by lakes (Ordered), Service Dogs (must prove to Management), Maintenance position still vacant.

  • Having guards question individuals entering park, Carport Sale, Issues with Conference Call equipment, Dog Park rules and placement (considering location west of tennis courts).

President’s Report

  • Open Board position. The individual filling this position will serve until March, 2018

  • Boxes needed for Food Drive

  • A survey will be conducted on how Sara-Cam can better communicate with the community

  • 2 additional ADA doors to be added to front and back of auditorium

FIVE New Homeowners introduced themselves

Carport Sale Discussion

Significant number of attendees agree with sale, two indicated they were opposed

  • SM (Lot 313) – “Better than schlepping items back and forth to the Auditorium

  • JD (Lot 508) – agree with SM

  • BK (Lot 216) – “A good idea. Have it when snowbirds are here”

  • HW (Lot 481) – concerns about people driving around; insurance – who pays?

  • (Lot 291) – “I’m not opposed to paying ($10) to have items in my driveway

Open Forum

  • KW (Lot 367) “When will hot tub be fixed?” The switch does not shut off automatically.

  • SN (Lot 510) “Hours for buying tickets to events is inconvenient” A. this isn’t worth pursuing

  • JD (Lot 508) is concerned about swans crossing Gantt Road. Can we have a sign or fence?  BB (Lot 176) says you can’t control swans but can control people

  • JP (Lot 454) shared details on bowling leagues beginning on January 2 and 4th at Gulf Gate Lanes

  • BJ (Lot 372) commented on flyer distributed in Camelot Lakes on a new cable provider. A: They should not have been.  We are in the 7th year of 10 contract with Frontier…

50/50 raffle – $54 collected / $27 to one winner

Poker Run – Shelly Miars won with three 7’s.

 

 

Sara-Cam Associates II, Inc.

Record of Monthly HOA Informational Session – Summary

NOTE:  Posted Record is Unofficial Pending Any Corrections Noted

Any Revisions Made to Draft Minutes will be Clearly Noted in Posting

June 19, 2017

Session began at 7:03 PM

Minutes of the May 15th HOA Information Session were read.

Treasurer’s Report for May was read:

Expenditures    $ 0    Income         $ 54.00

Summary of accounts:

Primary Business             $ 10,828.36

Legal Checking                 $   2,769.05

Legal Money Market       $  7,024.84

Total                                   $ 20,676.25

Committee + Group Reports

Special Events –

  • JULY – On Saturday, July 29th there will be a Rubber Duck Derby with tickets costing $5 which includes dinner. Details were provided.

  • AUGUST – Pie Night Monday, August 21 Tickets cost $5.

  • OCTOBER – Welcome Back Night Monday, October 16th.

Next Special Events Meeting:  Wednesday, July 19 at 3:00 PM in the Auditorium

Community Manager’s Meeting

Meeting was on Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Marking of turn lane into Camelot Lakes was completed 06/03/17.

Community Manager’s Newsletter  targeted by 06/30, will includes: a new dog walking map and gate opening procedures.

Installation of new sod targeted for end of June or July.

The next Social Life Committee is planned to be held by end of June.

Containers to dispense and dispose of doggie bags have been ordered with one for each lake.

Several discussion points were covered regarding the Rambler Newsletter.  Content is limited based on advertising.  Articles should be published as submitted and not rewritten.  Individuals submitting articles should be contacted and informed as to why they were not included.

Our current 10-year Frontier (Verizon) cable contract was signed on October 15,2010.  The owner is looking into alternatives (e.g. Comcast).

Bench swings (similar to those at Camelot East).  Management is looking at self-contained swings for each lake rather than hanging from oak trees.

Semi-annual Street Sweeping is currently being scheduled with the service provider.

President’s Comments

There will not be a Board or Homeowners Meeting in July. We hope you will attend the 4th Annual Rubber Duck Derby and Dinner on Saturday, July 29th at 5:30 in the Auditorium Pool

We are still looking for a Sara-Cam member to volunteer as Hospitality Chairman to coordinate dessert contributions and make coffee for our HOA meetings.

Camelot Lakes residents received FPL letter about insurance covering breaks in the water line.  We do not own the water lines; this coverage does not apply.

The aluminum cans were stolen from recycling container outside the Auditorium over the June 16-18 weekend.

New Homeowners

David Sinclair (Lot 203) and Mike and Linda Riffe (Lot 170) from Louisville, Kentucky

Open Forum

Lot 481 –  shared that a list of residents who have recently passed on is posted on the bulletin board at the back of the Auditorium.

Lot 359 –  expressed concern as an owner of property he has for sale.  There was no security guard to provide access the past two weekends even though open house flags are flying in front of the entrance.

Lot 507 –  reiterated concern about commercial vehicles in driveways.   Details have been forwarded to Management.  Board to follow up.

Lot 344 –  raised concern about unfamiliar people entering empty residences.  There are park residents that are renting out homes by the week or over a weekend.  Are they being vetted with background checks? She was informed to raise this with management.

Lot 359 and others asked about the process for addressing issues raised in the HOA meeting. Denise Jones (Lot 372) and Don Wise shared that concerns need to be documented and reported to management.  If a concern is not resolved to the satisfaction of the homeowner, the Open Forum is an escalation mechanism to have the concern be brought up in the Community Manager’s Meeting.

Don Wise provided information about submitting complaints through the Sara-Cam web site or by filling out a complaint form available on the front counter of the Auditorium.  No complaints have been received via these for several months.

Lot 273 –  shared successful experience in having an issue raised with Management addressed in 2 days.  “It’s all in the approach”.

Bill Reidy (BOD) told attendees that they can initiate an issue with the office secretary.  On a typical day, the queue has about 40 work orders; a good number are addressed each day.

50/50 Total collected $48 with $24 going to one winner.

Session ended at 9:10 PM with 18 attendees

Sara-Cam Associates II, Inc.

Record of Monthly HOA Informational Session – Summary

NOTE:  Posted Minutes are Unofficial Pending Any Corrections Noted

Any Revisions Made to Draft Minutes will be Clearly Noted in Posting

May 15th, 2017

The session was called to order at 7:30 PM

5 Board members in attendance

Minutes taken at the April 17th HOA Session were read

Treasurer’s Report for May was read:    Expenditures    $ 1,557.25    Income         $ 634.80

Summary of accounts:

Primary Business             $ 10,828.86

Legal Checking                 $   2,769.05

Legal Money Market       $  7,024.66

Total                                   $ 20,662.07

Committee + Group Reports

Special Events –

  • JUNE – The HOA session on June 19th will be preceded by an “ice cream event” costing $4 for a choice of a float or sundae.

  • JULY – On Saturday, July 29th there will be a Rubber Duck Derby with tickets costing $5 which includes dinner. There will be four races where individuals can places $2 bets on a duck for each race.  The event is planned to also include a swan race proposed between Don Wise and Susan Fatzie.

  • AUGUST – At this time the group is rethinking their original plan which would have cost $10 per person.  

Next meeting Special Events Committee:  Wednesday, June 14 at 3:00 PM in the Auditorium

Community Manager’s Meeting –

The semi-annual parking lot sweeping is tentatively scheduling for June 7th

A revised dog-walking map will be in the June Manager Newsletter

Original plans to have stickers with the main Camelot Lakes telephone number have been changed; Management is ordering signs that read “Report unsafe conditions or behavior immediately by calling 941-922-2020” (After hours, calls are answered by an Emergency contact)

The requirements for lighting at the Auditorium pool have not been met for County approval with Ownership working on addressing this issue which would allow the pool to remain open until 10 pm

Entrance gate opening procedures will appear in the June Manager Newsletter

The turn lane marking into Camelot Lakes was discussed with the County and a work order was written; the County representative stated that they should be out within two weeks

The Clubhouse pool and Spa will be closed for repairs beginning in mid to late June; they are working on permits, engineering to address issues including a leaking spa/hot tub

The Social Life Committee meeting will be in the next few weeks, instead of in October since everyone on the committee is a year-round resident.

We have requested to have swings similar to those in Camelot East (which hang from trees); Management is not sure there are trees which can support swings in our park.  This would require approval from higher ups.

Traffic speed stickers for the entry gate have been approved; the four ‘Slow Down’ signs will be moved each Saturday to different locations to catch drivers’ attention

Management has talked with the mowing crew regarding their garbage strewn on the grass alongside the main road and will talk with them again.  Management will look into something for disposal of doggie bags.

Rambler – A wrong proof was sent to the printer for the May issue.  Feedback regarding this along with ticket sale hours and requests to have assigned table seating was also shared w/ Management.

President’s Comments

We need a volunteer to head up the Hospitality Group. This requires coming in early to set up and make coffee; call four to five of the individuals who have signed up to provide desserts for the HOA sessions; and clean up.  This is a great way for individuals who normally attend HOA information sessions each month to help us out.  Please help us otherwise coffee will not be available.

Do we need to read the minutes from the last HOA information session as they are posted on the Sara-Cam website?

New Homeowners   Gary and Rachel S (Lot 24) from Croswell, Tennessee

Open Forum

 (Lot 372) – Commented many residents do not have internet access and she does not support eliminating the reading of minutes. 

(Lot 507) – Q. As we get new residents, I am concerned about the presence of commercial vehicles on lots.  They should be parked in the RV lot. What is Management’s response?  There are several vehicles parked overnight in driveways.  A. In the rules and regulations there is no definition of ‘commercial vehicle’.

(Lot 282) Commented that if every detail was explicitly spelled out the Rules and Regulations would be very thick.

(Lot 472) Q: How many people have internet access? A: Of the 20 attendees in the meeting, half of them had internet access in their homes. When asked who accessed the Sara-Cam website, a show of hands indicated that there was little access. 

Session ended at 8:03 PM with 20 attendees

 

Sara-Cam Associates II, Inc.

Record of Monthly HOA Informational Session – Summary

NOTE:  Posted Minutes are Unofficial Pending Any Corrections Noted

Any Revisions Made to Draft Minutes will be Clearly Noted in Posting

April 17, 2017

The session was called to order at 7:34 PM

Minutes taken at the February 20th HOA Session were read.

President introduced the 5 new officers

Treasurer’s Report for March was read:

Expenditures    $ 2,124.27    Income         $ 117.00

Summary of accounts:

Primary Business             $ 11,750.72

Legal Checking                 $   2,769.05

Legal Money Market       $  7,024.49

Total                                   $ 21,544.26

President introduced Committee Chairs for 2017-2018:

President announced new schedule for meetings and informational sessions; no HOA session in July; no BOD meeting in May, July & September

Committee + Group Reports

Special Events – next meeting May 17th @ 3 PM in the Auditorium; HOA session on June 19th will be preceded by an “ice cream event;” on Saturday, July 29th look for the Rubber Duckie Derby

Traffic Safety Group – Sara-Cam President and Chair of this Group met with the Park Manager today to discuss recommendations made by Group for heightened awareness of Park’s 20 MPH speed limit and related safety concerns.  Manager agreed to institute some of the recommendations, including adding speed limit  signage on security gates and posting signs that show policy of right-of-way for pedestrians and cyclists.  Noted that Park cannot place signs on leased  lots without permission of the homeowner; looking for volunteers to allow speed limit signs on their leased lot.

President’s Comments

Ride-around Lawn Survey – noted 26 lots in need of new sod

Semi-annual street sweeping due soon – very poor job last time, especially in cul-de-sacs and parking lots

Noted that there are several loose ends hampering reopening of laundry

Auditorium pool must continue to close at dusk until the Park’s newly installed light fixtures undergo survey and we are issued a permit for night operation

New dog-walking maps are being prepared to reflect the additional areas approved for walking that now make a complete circuit around the Park

Management has agreed to purchase and post “stickers” that will contain the Park’s emergency telephone number. This is in response to security concerns expressed by residents who are out alone at night

The Auditorium pool remains closed and dry until a sub-standard job on the marcite lining can be repaired

Ro-Bo Calling has been set up by Management and is being tested by sending out messages to residents; check your voice mail for these

Manager asked if volunteers could man security gates when paid employees are not present.  She will look into it; situation may pose a liability to Park

Manager’s Monthly Reports transmitted by email are showing up in some mail boxes with very small print; this is being looked at

The Hospitality Group needs new structure – a Chair and volunteers; if there is no volunteer to make coffee, then coffee will not be provided

Thank you letter from former Secretary who went off the BOD after many years of service

New Homeowners  Bill & Pam from Ohio and Norman & Joyce from Massachusetts

Open Forum

Janet (Lot 507) – Q. Will the cost of extra repairs on the pool be passed down to residents?  A. No.  The work did not meet the standard called for in the contract between the pool repair business and Newby; the cost for “extra repairs” will be settled between those two parties.

Roger (Lot 71) – Q.  How and when will selected homeowners be notified that new sod will be installed in their lawns?  A.  When it gets closer to the time for Park re-sod projects, which are expected to span several months, the individual homeowners will be notified.  For those not present during the lawn repair season, the required frequent watering will be controlled by timers set up on each property getting new sod

Session ended at 8:10 PM

Minutes of Monthly HOA Meeting – Summary

NOTE:  Posted Minutes are Unofficial Pending Any Corrections Noted

Any Revisions Made to Draft Minutes will be Clearly Noted in Posting

February 20th, 2017

Called to Order:   7:33 PM followed by Pledge of Allegiance

8 Directors Attending

Recognition of New Homeowners/Members/First time Attendees: 

Committees & Group Reports:

  • Membership: 280 members as of tonight’s meeting. Annual Meeting packets will be delivered as soon as information from tonight’s meeting is included.

  • Special Events: Night at the Races event scheduled for February 25th 6 – 9 pm. Tickets are $3.00 for entry and horse bets are $2.00 per horse. There will be a snack bar, all items $1.00. Horse “ownerships” are being sold for $5 per horse – winner can double their money.

  • Hospitality: President announced that current Chair was resigning from the chair of this group. Looking for a person to volunteer. This group provides refreshments at HOA meetings.

  • Nominating Committee: Co-chairs presented the Nominating Report. There are three director positions open. Two members have asked to have their nominations for director considered; they were introduced to members and spoke briefly about themselves and their interest in Sara-Cam. President opened the nominations from the floor. One Sara-Cam member indicated his interest in becoming a director. No other volunteers. Nominations for BOD closed.

 2017 State of the Community: John Hall, Regional Manager and Susan Fatzie, Community Manager addressed the HOA.  They answered questions submitted by residents and took a few questions from the floor.

Meeting adjourned at 9:20 pm

Sara-Cam Associates II, Inc.

Minutes of Monthly HOA Meeting – Summary

NOTE:  Posted Minutes are Unofficial Pending Any Corrections Noted

Any Revisions Made to Draft Minutes will be Clearly Noted in Posting

January 16, 2017

Called to Order at  7:31 PM followed by Pledge of Allegiance

Tonight’s meeting followed the Football Frenzy & Cook-off. Thanks were extended to everyone that worked to put on the event and everyone that participated or supported the event by purchasing tickets, donating gifts, assisting in set-up & clean-up. Special thanks to the Special Events Committee and extra special thanks to the 2 ladies who provided the decorations and footballs, etc. for the event.

Secretary’s Report: Minutes from the December 19, 2016 HOA meeting were read and will be filed.

Treasurer’s Report (December):         Expenditures    $   161.73      Income    $ 2,182.75

Primary account                     $ 11,457.08

Legal:  Checking                           1,069.05

Legal:  Money Market                  7,015.23

Total                                                 $19,541.36

 

Committees & Group Reports:

  • Membership: As of this meeting tonight (1/16/17) there are 192 paid 2017 members. Looking for 250-260 this year. Door-to-door membership drive to begin the end of January or the beginning of February.

  • Special Events: Next event will be Night at the Races on Saturday, February 25th. 8 races will be shown. Winning pots are split between the winners and Sara-Cam. Dinner items will be for sale. Tickets $3. Urged people to buy tickets early.

  • Website: Website has been updated with 2017 Calendar and 2017-18 Budget.

  • Nominating Committee:  There will be three board positions open. Anyone interested in running should speak to either Committee member. Nominations close at the end of February’s HOA meeting. Involvement of members important to Sara-Cam.

  • Traffic: Brainstorming meeting on January 26th at 12:30 pm in the Clubhouse.

Highlights  from Monthly Meeting with Manager:

  • Pool expected open by January 25th (soft opening) Grand opening by February 22nd.

  • New gate hours and security issues are being reviewed. New wristbands coming shortly.

President’s Comments:

  • Pool project faced with many overruns. Project went from $250,000 to $700,000. Another seawall is expected sometime in 2017.

  • The Board will have 3 vacancies as of the Annual Meeting. There are currently only 2 candidates. If you want to have an election there must be additional candidates. Think about running or encourage others to run.

  • John Hall & Susan Fatzie will be here in February to deliver the “State of the Community” Address. Sara-Cam is collecting questions for the Q & A following the address. Submit questions using the Sara-Cam email or by dropping a note in the Suggestion Box. All questions must contain your ID information, but that information will not be shared with John or Susan. Deadline for questions is February 3rd.

 Open Forum:

  • Lot 21: Asked about the procedure should there be a pass-through concerning additional access control hours. Asked what the individual homeowner input would be. (A) Residents would receive a 90 day notice outlining the increase. If association is not in agreement then negotiation process begins. The association speaks for the homeowners and would appoint a negotiating committee. Individuals would be able to voice concerns to that committee as well as volunteer to be a member of the committee.

  • Lot 481: As chairperson of the Activity Committee, she is concerned with the ticket selling policy. Although the policy says tickets will be sold only until 1:00 pm, Dawn will sell tickets after that time. Announced the Card Party on January 28th. Tickets are $3.00 and proceeds held purchase Holiday decorations.

  • Lot 375:  In the last three years there have been several shutdowns – reductions of services. Management/owners need to be reminded of those instances.

  • Lot 223: There is already damages around the new clubhouse pool area. Cracks are everywhere. (A) Management is aware of the problem. Nothing scheduled for repair yet.

  • Lot 333: Concerned that the water bill in with the rent will eventually be an increase to the rent. (A) The time is getting closer to when each household will receive a metered bill. County will be encouraging better control of water usage.

  • Lot 90:  When will we be actively looking to replace our community manager? (A) The community manager works for Newby/Owner. Write down issues that you have concerns about and we can collect incidences where you believe the Community Manager is acting inappropriately. We cannot go with just hearsay.

  • Lot 270: When work is done in a yard, shouldn’t the workers repair any damage done to the yard? (A) If not repaired, put in a work order

  • Lot 466: What will it take to make the whole park dog friendly? (A) Will ask Susan, but it may have to be an issue that is addressed when Rules and Regulations are reviewed and updates – about every 2-3 years. Update recently completed.

  • Lot 344: Can the question of whether residents want the park to be dog friendly be on the ballot in March? (A) It is an issue that is determined under Rules & Regulations.  Explained briefly explained how R & R works. Lot 255 asked for a definition of dog friendly. Once we have a working definition it may be easier to request for that designation. Bernie Clark was asked to obtain a map of the community and indicate exactly where he feels the OK dog area should be and then we will have something to bring to management.

  • Lot 359: Explained why we can’t have speed bumps in the community – a law suit/now insurance issue. The moveable blinking speed signs may by $600 a week to rent, but can be purchased for $2900 and then belong to the community and can be moved around whenever.

  • Lot 21: The entrance area needs more lighting. (A) will be bring this to Susan’s attention.

  • Lot 379: It looks like there will be no barriers around the jacuzzi at the Auditorium. (A) As far as we know, nothing is planned

Cook-off Winners:

1st Prize:   Sesame Chicken

2nd Prize: Chicken with Eggplant

3rd Prize:  Cranberry Pork Meatballs

 The meeting was adjourned at 8:45 pm.  125 residents in attendance

 

Sara-Cam Associates II, Inc.

Minutes of Monthly HOA Meeting – Summary

NOTE:  Posted Minutes are Unofficial Pending Any Corrections Noted

Any Revisions Made to Draft Minutes will be Clearly Noted in Posting

December 19, 2016

Called to Order:   7:32 PM followed by Pledge of Allegiance:  led by PS

Secretary’s Report: Minutes from the November 21, 2016 HOA meeting were read and will be filed with no corrections.

 Treasurer’s Report:     Expenditures (November)    $705.64                  Income     $986.52

 Primary account                     $ 9,526.06

Legal Checking                           8,284.05

Money Market                             7,015.23

Total                                           $24,825.34

 

What is Sara-Cam?  PowerPoint slide presentation

Committees & Group Reports:

  • Special Events: (DJ) Football Frenzy – replaces Balloon Bust – Event is on January 16th.  Need volunteers for this event, as well as cooks for the event, which highlights tailgating food.  Judging will be done by volunteer judges rather than an open vote by all participants. Tickets are $7.

  • Membership: (BM) As of this meeting tonight (12/19) there are 159 paid 2017 members. Looking for 250-260 this year.

  • Nominating Committee: (DJ/MT) There will be three board positions open. Anyone interested in running should speak to either BOD or Committee members. Involvement of members important to Sara-Cam.

 Manager’s Meeting:

  • December meeting discussed opening of pool – possibly end of January

  • Manager found that renting a blinking speed sign costs about $600 a week. Meeting to brainstorm ideas to curb speeding to be held in January. Julie Callebert will chair this group.

President’s Comments:

  • 78 boxes of food collected for the Salvation Army

  • Dogs must be walked in designated area and owners are reminded to pick up after their pets.

  • No overnight parking in the parking lots of Clubhouse and Auditorium after Tuesday, December 20 because of sealing work being done.

  • The New Year’s Eve party is not sponsored by Sara-Cam. The party is open to all residents.

New Homeowners:   Lots 44, 305, and 400

Open Forum:

  • Lot 359: The PowerPoint presentation was well done but it missed the part about the dog park. (A) The dog park is in the settlement agreement. Unknown where it will be at this time.

  • Lot 507: What membership numbers are you looking for? (A) Would like to see 300.  (Q) The entry is dark. Could there be reflectors on the telephone poles to have better light. (A) Will bring suggestion to Susan.

  • Lot 398: Did not receive letter sent to residents outlining the new settlement agreement. (A) Letters were sent to everyone. A letter will be given to him.

 Holiday Tree Raffle: 207 tickets sold for a profit of $835.

 The meeting was adjourned at 8:20 pm.  57 residents in attendance

 

Sara-Cam Associates II, Inc.

Minutes of Monthly HOA Meeting – Summary

NOTE:  Posted Minutes are Unofficial Pending Any Corrections Noted

Any Revisions Made to Draft Minutes will be Clearly Noted in Posting

November 21, 2016

Called to Order:   7:32 PM followed by Pledge of Allegiance

 Secretary’s Report: Minutes from the October 17, 2016 HOA meeting were read and will be filed with no corrections.

Treasurer’s Report:

Expenditures (October)        $221.27                  Income            $498.00

 

Primary account                    $9,245.18

Legal Checking                         5,784.05

Money Market                         10,015.13

Total                                          $25,044.36

 

Committees & Group Reports:

  • Finance: (JC) Next Meeting December 6th; notice to be posted.

  • Special Events: (DW for DJ) Fund raising initiative is the Money Tree, which will have the winning ticket drawn at the end of the HOA Meeting in December. Tickets sold until the meeting starts.  Football Frenzy – replaces Balloon Bust – Event is on January 16th.  Need volunteers for this event, as well as cooks for the event, which highlights tailgating food.  Judging will be done by volunteer judges rather than an open vote by all participants.

  • Website: (BK) The Settlement Agreement for 2017-2019 has been posted in 2 places, the public pages under Important Homeowners Papers and in the Member’s Only section under 3-Year Agreements

Manager’s Meeting:

  • Dawn Kluver is the new Social Coordinator.

  • Streets and parking lots were swept last week; supposed to be twice a year.

  • End of November (28th-29th ?) Auditorium floors will be cleaned and waxed.

  • There is a new clock in the Auditorium but it is difficult to see the time because of cross-bars on the clock face.

  • Regarding the plaque honoring veterans – an issue that was raised by a member last meeting – the Community Manager thinks keeping it updated with names would be a problem. She suggested two alternatives: pictures & names on light posts on main parkway OR a continuously running slide show highlighting our resident veterans to be shown in the library.

  • Management is willing to purchase a menorah to be placed in the Clubhouse/Auditorium provided someone steps forward to act as a caretaker for the menorah

  • Permission granted by Management to post Board meetings using a sign on a PVC post near the Security Hut (where we post HOA meetings)

  • Management is willing to purchase “radar guns” to identify drivers in the Park who exceed the speed limit.

President’s Comments:

  • Bags have been distributed for the Community non-perishable food drive. Food may also be brought to the Auditorium, where it will be packed on Monday December 5

  • 486 Letters were sent to homeowners informing them about the new Settlement Agreement

  • Note that yard waste pick up – now on Thursday – will change to Monday under the new Settlement Agreement

  • The Community Thanksgiving Meal will be from Der Dutchman

 New Homeowners:  (none)

 Open Forum:

  • Lot 507: Q. Why do only some homes have new mailboxes? A. The Park is changing over to new mailboxes and posts over 2-years; some were replaced this year and the rest will be replaced next year.

  • Lot 416:  Filled out work order in September to have oak tree branches that are hitting her house, but has had no response from Management or tree trimmers; additionally, saw her work order with others in a drawer in Susan’s desk when Susan went looking for the work order, so Yvonne assumes there was no action on the work orders. A1. There should be a set timetable for having work orders resolved; we will follow-up with Susan.  Q2. Her Frontier cable bill was $80 more this month  without a change in service. A2. Bills from the cable company are outside the domain of Sara-Cam.

  • Lot 447: Comment: One thing the letter did not make clear is that Sara-Cam started the rent negotiation at a $15 increase as opposed to the Park owner’s starting point of $27.  Also, in the revised 90-day letter, please note that the base rent will now include the $70 for water and sewer

  • Lot 217:    What is being done about the “super ant” colonies near his location?  A.  Management takes care of spraying for ants and other insects, so file a work order for spraying.

  • Lot 510: Reported on his quest to have better lighting on Gantt Road;  he spoke with Florida Power & Light; told they have no jurisdiction over street lighting; Resident called the County and received a voice mail message that Gantt Road is considered a “main road,” and there are no budgeted funds for these types of streets.  County suggested we conduct a crash study to support our position that better lighting is needed.

  • Lot 447: When do the new gate hours go into effect?  A.  The first of the year.

  • Lot 223:   Did the Sara-Cam lawyer on the Negotiating Committee handle the legal end of things?  A1. The BOD member who is a lawyer, is not licensed to practice in Florida, but he held an advisory role.  Q2. Is the construction crew the same as the one that started the pool project?  There seems to be many more workers on site. Also are they the same people that “fixed” the small pool area, where the concrete deck is already starting to  crack?  A2. There are at least two contractors involved on the current project, one for the building and then there is the pool crew.  Maybe now as the construction is in its final stages, both companies have more workers on site. We have no idea if the company hired to fix the small pool is currently working on the larger pool   Q3. Will the trees and gardens around the pool area be replaced?  A3. We have no information on Management plans for the garden areas.

  • Lot 375: What is the reason for the odd hours for staffing at the Security gate?  A. We wanted someone on security staff when the office has closed but the buildings are open.

  • Lot 309:   Is the HOA aware of a recent incident – in the last couple of days – involving a car that left tire marks in the pavement near the front gate, that was so “revved up” that it approached the bar sideways?  A.  We have no information about this incident.

  • Lot 507: Will the security gates be left open during the afternoon?  A. The arms (bars) will be down between 1 PM and 5 PM as they usually are, but there will be no one staffing the Security gatehouse.

The meeting was adjourned at 8:28 pm.

Sara-Cam Associates II, Inc.

Minutes of Monthly HOA Meeting – Summary

NOTE:  Posted Minutes are Unofficial Pending Any Corrections Noted

Any Revisions Made to Draft Minutes will be Clearly Noted in Posting

October 17, 2016

Called to Order:   7:30 PM followed by Pledge of Allegiance

Secretary’s Report: Minutes from the September 19, 2016 HOA meeting were read and will be filed.

Treasurer’s Report:

Expenditures (September)    $200.00             Income (September)    $155.00

 

Primary account                     $ 8,768.45

Legal Checking                           6320.00

Money Market                         10,014.89

Total                                          $25,103.34

 

Committees & Group Reports:

  • Membership: (DW reporting for BM) Volunteers are always needed for membership activities. 2017 dues are now being taken.

  • Finance: (JC) Asked for anyone with finance experience to volunteer to work on this committee.

  • Nominating Committee: This committee will be activated shortly. Members of the committee are 3 board members whose terms expire in 2017 (unless they wish to run again.) Board member DJ will be chair of this committee because she will be time limited off the board and cannot run. Two other directors can run again. Anyone interested in running for a board position or working on the nominating committee should speak with Denise.

  • Special Events: (DJ) Next event is in January – January 16 – Football Frenzy & Cook-off. Information will be in the November Rambler. New ticket sales policy will begin with this activity. Tickets purchased after the deadline will be $2.00 more and when purchasing tickets you will be asked to help out – setting up, serving, cleaning up.

  • Website: (BK) Explained how the website can be useful to members. Minutes are on the site and complaints can be lodged through the site. Complaints are followed by the board until a resolution is made. A photo gallery will be added to the site soon.

  • Welcome: (CW) Will be setting up appointments as soon as a new resident list is obtained from management. Rambler articles highlighting new residents will resume. Volunteers are welcome.

  • Hospitality: If you have signed up to bring a dessert, someone will call when desserts are needed.

Manager’s Meeting:  95% of the residents are 55 and over.  Options for cable service other than Frontier are Dish or DirectTV. Comcast has been asked and needs an 85% commitment from residents. 

President’s Comments:

  • Community canned food drive begins November 21st. Bags will be distributed prior to this date. Food may be brought to the Auditorium unless we have lots of volunteers to pick up food donations.

  • A resident consulted the county concerning mosquito spraying and found that spraying was done 3 weeks ago. The water in the ditch is not sprayed to protect water-life which eat mosquito larvae. She is also checking on the possible use of the property where buildings were recently demolished.

  • Send an email to Susan (management) or Sara-Cam to request being added to their email distribution lists.

  • Our current Social Coordinator is leaving her position on Friday, October 21st.

  • Committee Chair’s  note concerning negotiations is in the November Rambler. It says, “ Although the committee has been meeting since April, a final agreement was not reached. Management sent out 90 day notices indicating a $25 increase with pass throughs. The committee will continue to work on the 3-year contract and may investigate going to mediation or arbitration.” This is not unusual. Committee is scheduled to meet again with management on October 27th.

New Homeowners:  10 new-to-the-Community homeowners introduced themselves.

Open Forum:

  • A resident Lot 510: Paving of Gantt has started. Will get in touch with FPL after work is done to requested brighter lighting. Asked about the status of the Veteran Honor Plaque. (A) Issue seems to have been forgotten. Will bring it up at next manager’s meeting. He also reminded veterans that they can salute the flag during the pledge even if not in uniform.  He also gave some history of cable TV in the community. Feels that we can get 85% commitment for Comcast. Another  resident said the contract with Verizon/Frontier was for 10 years and we may be in year 6 now.

  • Several Residents: Cars are traveling too fast. May need more stop signs or speed bumps. (A) Don asked for more information  to determine the exact area he is referring to.

This brought up a discussion about speeding in the community. A resident (Lot 359) said that the stop signs don’t work. He has brought to management a way to rent blinking signs that record speed and flash the reminder to slow down. Community insurance prohibits speed bumps. A resident (Lot 170) says the speeders may be workers and delivery people. A resident (Lot 254) suggested that flyers be distributed reminding drivers of speed limits. Don Wise said this is being done now.  A resident (Lot 360) suggested people take down license plate numbers. Bryan McBride suggested using cameras and let drivers now they are being monitored.  A resident (Lot 447) said management has no legal right to fine speeders. Employers should be notified.

  • Lot 371: Are we letting management know how unhappy we are with the pool situation? When is the pool reopening? (A) Many cost overruns. Once the area was dug up they found lots of problems underground. Weather and permit difficulties have been problems as well.

  •  Lot 344: There will be a problem with parking at the Clubhouse once the snowbirds return. Is it possible to free up spaces to making staff park in another area.

  • Lot 467: What is the status of the dog park? (A) That is part of the negotiations.

 The meeting was adjourned at 8:15 pm.  105 residents attending.

Sara-Cam Associates II, Inc.

Minutes of Monthly HOA Meeting – Summary

NOTE:  Posted Minutes are Unofficial Pending Any Corrections Noted

Any Revisions Made to Draft Minutes will be Clearly Noted in Posting

September 19, 2016

Called to Order @   7:30 PM followed by Pledge of Allegiance

Secretary’s Report: Minutes from the August 15, 2016 HOA meeting were read and will be filed.

Treasurer’s Report:  

General Fund                $   8,813.95

Legal Checking                 6,320.00

Money Market                 10,014.64

Total                                $  25,148.59

Committees & Group Reports:

  • Finance Committee: At the September 6 meeting, plans to reorganize the committee were discussed. Committee will include more people that make an impact on the budget. Submitted minutes from the September meeting.

  • Special Events: Next event will be the Welcome Reception. Free event, but tickets will be needed. The January event is the cook-off competition and game. The theme will be football.

  • Welcome: Look out for the October unveiling of a big fundraising event. The winner will be announced at the December meeting. Chances are $5 each and will be well worth the cost.

President’s Comments:

  • Expect to have occupancy of the Auditorium by October 1st

  • Pool & Spa may be open by year’s end

  • If you are experiencing electrical problems, be sure to contact the office as well as FPL. The community electrician will determine if it is a pedestal issue.

New Homeowners:

Lot 379 Yarmouth Ln. From NJ

Lot 468 Camelford Ct.  from Michigan

Open Forum:

  • Resident Lot 492: Asked members/residents to sign up to bring dessert for HOA meetings. Will contact you when dessert is needed.

  • Resident Lot 53: Expressed concern about the ditch and standing water and the spraying for mosquitoes. (A) The County cleans the ditch. Management can request but the scheduling is done by the county. The County also does spraying and Camelot Lakes does as well.

  • Resident Lot 510: Gave an update on efforts to get better lighting on Gantt. County said that there will be repaving on Gantt before the end of the year and after that time they may look into the issue of improved lighting. Asked for assistance with tree on his property. The tree has been trimmed, but now limbs are falling and destroying flower beds. Roots are coming up and are very dangerous. Asked if John Hall can look into the issue.

  • Resident Lot 447: Told how her recent experience with EMS. EMS was very happy that she had the File of Life readily available. Asked what was being done with the leftover files we had. (A) The Files of Life were given to the Welcome Group and files will be given in the new resident bags. Don will try to distribute files to residents that never picked up their packets.

  • Resident Lot 379: Asked what trees management maintains. (A) Live Oak, Sable Palm, & Queen Palm.

  • Resident Lot 468: Concerned with lawn care. Grass is mowed unevenly and is very high. (A) BOD advises always contact the office when such things noted.

  • Note: At the last meeting, a resident asked about the demolition work being done at the top of Gantt near the church. Don looked into it and found that buildings on property were being demolished and permits were needed for the work to be done. Must watch for any developments on the land.

The meeting was adjourned at 8:15 pm.  52 residents attending.

Sara-Cam Associates II, Inc.

Minutes of Monthly HOA Meeting – Summary

NOTE:  Posted Minutes are Unofficial Pending Any Corrections Noted

Any Revisions Made to Draft Minutes will be Clearly Noted in Posting

August 15, 2016

Called to Order:   7:30 PM followed by Pledge of Allegiance

Secretary’s Report: Minutes from the July 18, 2016 HOA meeting were read, accepted, and will be filed.

Treasurer’s Report:  

General Fund                $   8,612.62

Legal Checking                 6,320.00

Money Market                 10,014.39

Total                                $  24,947.01

Committees & Group Reports:

  • Finance Committee:  Next meeting of the finance committee will be on September 6, 2016 at 2 PM

  • Special Events: Thanked all who participated in summer events. Next event will be the Welcome Reception. Free event, but tickets will be needed.

  • Recycling: The recycle containers are in the parking lot of the Auditorium by Halifax.

  • Welcome: Look out for the October unveiling of a big fundraising event. The winner will be announced at the December meeting.

President’s Comments:

  • Auditorium MAY be accessible by September 8th

  • Pool may be open by Thanksgiving.

 New Homeowners:

A couple from Minnesota. Here since April

 Open Forum:

  • Lot 331: Concerned about the growth in the community outside Camelot Lakes. Something may be going on in the lot next to the church on Gantt. Would like the Board to investigate.

  • Lot 316: Expressed thanks for arranging to have the ditch behind her house cleaned out. No snakes now, but there is a turtle in residence.

  • Lot 481: Concerned about a mass mailing that was sent to many homes in the community. (A) Management is aware of the mailing. The person listed as a contact does live here. Much of the information was incorrect. It is an advertising/social media kind of venture. The Labor Day activity is still up in the air as to the location.

 The meeting was adjourned at 8:10 pm.  40 residents attending.

Sara-Cam Associates II, Inc.

Minutes of Monthly HOA Meeting – Summary

NOTE:  Posted Minutes are Unofficial Pending Any Corrections Noted

Any Revisions Made to Draft Minutes will be Clearly Noted in Posting

July 18, 2016

Called to Order @  7:30 PM followed by Pledge of Allegiance

Secretary’s Report: Minutes from the June 20, 2016 HOA meeting were read and will be filed.

 Treasurer’s Report:

General Fund                $   7,758.07

Legal Checking                 6,320.00

Money Market                 10,014.14

Total                               $  24,092.21

 

Committees & Group Reports:

  • Special Events: Final events for the summer will the be July 30th – Rubber Duck Derby and the August 15th  Make Your Own Ice Cream Sundaes Nite. The July event is a Saturday evening event. Committee is looking for 2 battery or gas powered leaf blowers for Rubber Duck Derby.

Manager’s Meeting: Highlights include: Brigadoon, Ramsgate & Hartford repaving to begin August 8th. Residents will be notified of the plan; Street sweeping of the community to begin after repaving work is done.

 Open Forum:

  • Resident Lot 510: (1) Questioned why some lots have be resodded several times.  (A) Some lots were redone because the sodding didn’t take. Will discuss with management. Commentor was asked to provide his list and he  said he would email to the secretary.  (2) Has contacted the county concerning lighting on Gantt. County said lights were not needed, but citizens can have a petition to change policy. Will lead the committee to do a petition. Member from audience volunteered to assist.

  • Resident Lot 273: Asked whether there was a follow-up to be sure residents are taking care of the new sod properly. (A) This year management will be sure each resodded lot is watered properly

The meeting was adjourned at 8:01 pm.  21 residents attending

 

June 20, 2016

Called to Order: 7:30 PM followed by Pledge of Allegiance

Secretary’s Report: Minutes of the May 16, 2016 HOA meeting were read and filed

Treasurer’s Report:  

General Fund                $   7,732.31

Legal Checking                  6,320.00

Money Market                 10,013.64

Total                              $  24,065.95

Committees & Group Reports:

  • Special Events: July 30 – Rubber Duck Derby; August 15 – Make Your Own Ice Cream Sundaes Nite. The June & August events will take place prior to the monthly HOA meeting. The July event is a Saturday evening. Committee is looking for 2 battery or gas powered leaf blowers for Rubber Duck Derby. See one of the committee members if you have one to lend.

  • Website: There is a Sara-Cam icon on the computers in the business office in the clubhouse. Click the icon to access the Sara-Cam website.

  • Facilities: Street light problems need to be reported to management and FPL. If FPL can fix the issue, they will. If not, it becomes a management problem and bulbs have to be ordered as needed.

Manager’s Meeting:

  • Highlights include: Extended handrails for the clubhouse pool has been approved but no install date available; street sweeping will be done by America’s Pride; bocce court oyster filling is here, waiting for work to be done; 2016 directories have gone to the printer, an update (insert) will be done in January; 31 lots to be re-sodded sometime in summer; Brigadoon, Ramsgate & Hartford will be paved. Residents will be notified of the plan; Auditorium pool to be closed probably by July 1st.

 New Residents:

  • Lot 475 from Rochester, NY

  • Lot 31 from Cincinnati, OH

Open Forum:

  • Lot 313: Lawn mowers are leaving large clumps behind.

  • Lot 298: Many potholes need attention.

  • Lot 182: Sprinklers

The meeting was adjourned at 7:50 pm

 

May 16, 2016

Called to Order: 7:35 PM followed by Pledge of Allegiance

Secretary’s Report: Minutes from the April 18, 2016 HOA meeting were read and will be filed.

Treasurer’s Report:
General Fund $ 7,776.31
Legal Checking 6,320.00
Money Market 10,013.40
Total $ 24,109.71

Presentation explaining the purpose of the DVD showcasing our swans and other birdlife that are available for sale.  The proceeds from the sale of the DVDs (no set price, any donations accepted) will assist the Grace Swan Foundation to pay for vet bills, cage maintenance and feeding of resident swans.

Committees & Group Reports:
 Special Events: There will be 3 summer activities: June 20 – Ice Cream Float Nite; July 30 – Rubber Duckie Derby; August 15 – Make Your Own Ice Cream Sundaes Nite. The June & August events will take place prior to the monthly HOA meeting. The July event is a Saturday evening.
 Membership: 2 memberships were paid for at tonight’s meeting.
 Finance: Auditor is still working on the financial review.
 Facilities: Sod review has been completed and the needed work has been sent out for bids. Hope to have work done in late spring or summer. May be able to have the needed 31 lots done.

Manager’s Meeting:
 Highlights include: Extended handrails for the clubhouse pool has been approved and low spots at the RV lot will be repaired when road work is done.

President’s Comments:
 Residents were reminded to include both names on utility bills to avoid “new customer” fees in the event of the death of the spouse on record. Also, in case of illness, most utilities will only talk to person on record. Having both names avoids these issues.
 Florida Power & Light (FPL) practices have changed. If you need to have FPL make repairs, residents should call FPL directly and report problem to management.
 Auditorium will be closed in July for extensive cleaning.

New Residents:
One from Kansas City, MO

Open Forum:
 Resident Lot 359: Why is the Auditorium scheduled for cleaning when a rehab is going to be done? (A) A rehab is being scheduled but not known when. In addition to cleaning tiles will be replaced and ceiling fans installed.
 Resident Lot 225: Where are the wheelchairs? (A) There is a wheelchair in both the clubhouse and the auditorium. The clubhouse wheelchair is on the stage in the card room. Not sure where the auditorium wheelchair is.

The meeting was adjourned at 8:05 pm. 

April 18, 2016

Called to Order at  7:35 PM followed by Pledge of Allegiance

Secretary’s Report: Minutes from the February 15, 2016 Members’ Meeting and the March 9, 2016 Manager’s Meeting were read and will be filed.

Treasurer’s Report: Provided a Summary of Accounts

General Fund                $9,802.70

Legal Checking              6,320.00

Money Market              10,013.15

Total                               $26,135.85

Committees & Group Reports:

  • Special Events: Briefly outlined the 3 summer activities:  June  – Ice Cream Floats; July – Rubber Duckie Derby; August – Make Your Own Ice Cream Sundaes

  • Membership: 262 members as of this meeting. Committee will continue working on increasing membership as we get closer to negotiations.

  • Negotiating: Planning Committee disbanded and Negotiating Committee named.  The Negotiating Committee has had an introductory meeting with management.

Manager’s Meeting:

  • Highlights include: Projects that are still in process are correcting low spots at the RV/Storage area; adjustment of the motion detector in the Fitness Center; re-sodding to be done in spring or summer this year; and management is working on a plan for oven cleaning and reducing “stealing” from the recycle bins.

President’s Comments:  

  • The address for the Sara-Cam website is SARACAMHOA.COM. Members need a password to enter the members only section.

  • 186 letters were sent requesting residents to join Sara-Cam. 2 responses at this time.

 New Residents:

  • Pat & Connie F Lot 55 from Wisconsin

Open Forum:

  • Lot 126: There are several commercial vehicles parked in driveways. This is supposed to be against Rules and Regulations. (A) Take pictures and send them to Susan.

  • Lot 1: There are many street lights out. (A) FPL does not come out until there is a good number of lights that have to be repaired. Management is responsible for some of the lights. We need to get a list of lights out.

  •  Lot 376: Reminded residents that street light repair is a long process and we must be patient.

  •  Lot 481: A company called Advanced Electric is making appointments to check electric boxes near air conditioners. May have something to do with FPL

  • Lot 510: Would like to consider a petition to be circulated throughout the many communities along Gantt Road. Concerned about poor lighting on Gantt.

The meeting was adjourned at 8:16 pm.

February 15, 2016

Called to Order at  7:32 PM followed by Pledge of Allegiance

Roll Call:  PRESENT:  7 directors  ABSENT:  2 directors

Secretary’s Report: reports from December 2015 and January 18, 2016 were read. Reports will be filed.

Treasurer’s Report: Provided a Summary of Accounts

General Fund                $  8,811.29

Legal Checking                 4,820.00

Money Market                 10,012.65

Total                               $  22,643.94

Committee Reports:

  • Special Events: Next event is scheduled for Saturday, February 27th. Night at the Races.  Video-taped races, cash payouts, light dinner/snacks available for purchase. Tickets available from Mary, Social Coordinator.

  • Membership: Membership to date is 242. Door to door campaign was very successful. Committee Chair thanked the volunteers who helped in this effort.  Board member reminded members how important membership is to upcoming negotiations.

  • Planning Committee: Has been meeting every 2 weeks. Currently reviewing previous contracts and deciding what items need to be addressed in upcoming contract. Also looking at contracts from other communities for rent comparisons. Next meeting February 25th at 6:30 PM.

  • Nominating Committee: Read their report. There are 4 openings on the board and four candidates for those positions. Nominations from the floor were requested. None made. Nominations were closed. Candidates introduced themselves and spoke briefly about why they were running for board positions.

  • Other: Residents were reminded of the Camelot Creations event. The Sunday, February 28th event will highlight the art works of Camelot Lakes residents. The art show is scheduled for 2-5 pm in the Clubhouse.

Restated By-Laws Presentation: Board showed a PowerPoint presentation showing the changes made to Sara-Cam’s by-laws. He explained the reason for the changes.

Open Forum

  • Lot 401: Will the Annual Meeting info packets be delivered by mail or by hand? Packets will be delivered by hand.

  • Lot 255: Can the temperature in the auditorium be preset before the room is used? Tonight, this room is cold and the temp cannot be adjusted. Will talk to Susan.

 New Residents:

  • JT Lot 427 from Chicago

  • DK Lot 423 from California

  • JW Lot 332 from Ohio

The meeting was adjourned at 8:45 PM.

January 18, 2016

Called to Order at 7:35 PM followed by Pledge of Allegiance

Introduction of New Board Member who was appointed as a Director at the last Board meeting (January 7, 2016).

Roll Call: PRESENT: 8 directors; one absent

Announcements:

  • By-Laws: Re-stated By-Laws are being distributed at this meeting. Members may pick up By-Laws from Auditorium display. By-Laws will be included in Annual Meeting packet for those who do not pick one up tonight or at the February meeting. A short presentation concerning the changes will be made in February. Will need 50% + 1 of 2016 members to adopt.

  • Special Events: Next event is scheduled for Saturday, February 27th. Night at the Races. Video-taped races, cash payouts, light dinner/snacks for purchase.

  • Membership: Membership to date is 145. Door to door campaign will begin last week in January. As this year is an important year because of upcoming contract, membership is important. March Meeting is open to members only, so it’s important to get on the membership list.

  • Nominating Committee: Still looking for volunteers to run for office.

  • Other: Residents were reminded how important it is to meet deadlines for ticket sales. Also reminded that as of now, Sara-Cam IDs must be presented in order to receive Sara-Cam ticket price.   

  • John Hall and Susan Fatzie were guests at tonight’s meeting. Both gave annual updates.

 Community Manager’s (Susan Fatzie) Update:

  • Susan gave a PowerPoint presentation showing the updates to the Visitor Keypad. Keypad has been replaced. New system will be able to accept long-distance phone numbers so now residents with only cell phones can open the gate. See Susan to update personal information. Encouraged residents to try out the new system while guards are at the gate. Gates have a back-up system if electricity goes out. (January 17th problem occurred because of a lightning strike hitting the back-up)

  • New sprinkler system schedule has also been revised and schedule was displayed. Schedule extends over 7 days and each lot receives 20 minutes of water. Watering meets county/state regulations. Susan distributed handouts with both new keypad and sprinkler info.

  • Thanks extended to residents who have assisted in distributing water notices.

“State of Community” Address – John Hall, Regional Manager

  • ADA required doors will be installed at the Sales Office door and the front entrance and at the fire door entrance to the card room. Should be done in next month. New door installed at the entrance by the ceramics room.

  • New tables and chairs for the Card Room in addition to a new sound system and 80” TV

  • Roadway work will be done on Camelot Dr. East, Essex & Sudbury in 2016 and 25 lawns will be re-sodded.

  • Replacement of spa at the Auditorium will be done in the summer, pool may have to be closed. Chemical equipment will be moved at this time. Wooden ramp to be replaced.

  • In process of selecting new homes for lots 190, 203, 381.  Three more houses to be removed in June. Gold homes are selling well.

The meeting was adjourned at 8:55 PM.

December 21, 2015

Called to Order:  7:30 PM followed by Pledge of Allegiance

Roll Call: PRESENT 6 directors  ABSENT 2 directors + one vacancy

Secretary’s Report: Minutes of the November 15th meeting were read, accepted without corrections and will be filed.

Treasurer’s Report:  No Expenditures and No Income reported for November

Primary account                 $ 7,982.89

Legal Checking                    4,820.00

Money Market                    10,012.15

Total                                    $ 22,815.04

Report read, accepted without corrections and will be filed

Committee Reports:

  • By-Laws: Committee member reported that the Committee has completed its charge of revising the By-laws for compliance with FL 723; following its review the Board recommended that the By-laws as drafted by the Committee be approved by the membership. Emphasized that Sara-Cam needs cooperation of all members in voting for the By-laws in March; reminded that vote for approval needed 50% + 1 of entire membership and that a proxy vote form could be used by those who could not make the March meeting. Remarked that handouts are being prepared to make members aware of all changes; they will be distributed in January. The February meeting will include a presentation on the changes and an opportunity for members to ask questions

  • Special Events: Member of Committee reminded all that the January Meeting will be preceded by a Pot Luck Dinner and Balloon Bust; donations of prizes are still needed for the game; think recycling unwanted gifts ! Deadline for donations is January 13th.

  • Planning: Chair updated those present on the activities of the Committee. He notes that the Committee received a total of 47 comments from 35 residents, and that 61% of these were handled as work orders or complaints; the remainder will be considered as items for negotiation. The next Planning Committee meeting is scheduled for January 12th at 4:30.

  • Membership: Chair reminded audience that increasing membership in Sara-Cam is critical to the Association’s role in negotiations for the upcoming 2017-2020 Settlement Agreement; that we must be able to demonstrate that a majority of homeowners are members of the Homeowners’ Association in order to maintain our status as official representative of the residents in upcoming negotiations. In January, Sara-Cam will be starting its door-to-door membership campaign to recruit new members and renewals. The February and March Meetings are open to members only, so it’s important to get on the membership roles in January.

Community Manager’s Meeting: Sara-Cam representatives met with the Community Manager on December 9th; the questions & answers from the December 9th meeting were read.  In addition to getting answers to our questions, Sara-Cam representatives were told that a new employee has been hired to manage the sprinklers.

Regional Manager’s Meeting: Don Wise & Ben Jones met with John Hall on Tuesday December 15th; items discussed included the following.

1.)Regional Manager will report major maintenance and improvement items us at the January Homeowner’s Meeting; it is unlikely that we will get the new Bocce Courts in 2016

2.) The 2nd kiosk in the Clubhouse will probably not be working until at least February

3.) The county will be cleaning the drainage ditches in another 2-3 months

4.) Management is trying to replace the gate at our RV Storage area with one from Camelot East; the low spots in our storage area will be filled and patched.

5.) Management is looking for companies to fix or replace the broken Auditorium kitchen counter closure

6.) Ways to remedy the tripping hazard presented by the curbing around the two pools – painting the curbs a different color, using reflective tape and placing a sign in the corner – were discussed

7.) Two way radios have been purchased for use by HEAT in emergency situations; Management is still exploring purchase of hard hats and reflective vests

8.) Noted that several homes in Quadrant 1 need pressure washing and/or gutter cleaning; Quadrant 1 includes Camelot Drive N, Danbury Lane, & Camelot Drive S and its cul-de-sacs

 

President’s Comments:

  • Reminded all that Regional Manager John Hall will be joining us at the January Meeting, and will, with the Community Manager, respond to questions. Questions should be submitted no later than January 6th

  • Thanked the By-laws Committee for its work, and asked that members vote to approve the revised By-laws

  • The Nominating Committee is still looking for volunteers to assist with identifying members to run for Board positions; see Denise Jones or Julie Callebert

  • Management – thru Laurie – is now using a new 4 part Maintenance Request Form, as was negotiated in the current Settlement Agreement. Be sure to get your copy when you file a form; you should also get a copy when the work has been completed

  • A data-entry error has caused some gate-entry bar codes in the range of last names starting with “A” thru “D” to be deleted; if you find your code is not working, report it to the Manager’s Office with your code number and it will be re-loaded

  • A sand hill crane was hit by a car and killed; please remember to keep your eyes on the road and obey the 20 MPH speed limit

  • You must send Management an e-mail in order for the Office to capture your e-mail address for their mailing list; this is essential for receiving emergency information

  • Sara-Cam and the Camelot Lakes Community Club (CCC) will both be using membership cards to show that you have paid your dues and are entitled to a members’ discount at the organizations’ events

Recognition of New Homeowners: One couple from New Jersey; in residence only 3 days; info to follow

Open Forum:

  • Resident Lot 219: The Park speed limit is being ignored on his street – Stonehaven Lane – which is a long road. Also, residents need a reminder that guests should park on site of the home they are visiting.

  • Resident Lot 443: Guests who take walks or jog after dusk should be provided with flashlights; at night, it is hard to see people who wear dark clothing

  • Resident Lot 311: Commented on recent “near accident” when a car doing well over the speed limit almost hit her golf cart

  • Resident Lot 182: Noted that the sand hill cranes tend to stay in a certain area by the lake because they are being fed there; he believes it is illegal to feed these wild birds. SW replied that the park resident who cares for the swans – working with the Gracy Swan Foundation – does feed the cranes necessary nutritional supplements, and he is authorized to do this. A Board member volunteered to speak with him about changing the location of the crane’s feeding station away from the main road.

  • Resident Lot 255: Presented his idea for a coordinated fund drive using one form to solicit donations for several organizations – to include Sara-Cam, CCC and the Swan Foundation – which could be put out there to all residents maybe once a year. Also, noted that Management promised to post a Sand Hill Crane Crossing sign on the Parkway, but has not yet done so. Reminded all that there is a Swan Presentation scheduled for January 6th.

The meeting was adjourned at 8:15 PM.

 

November 16, 2015

Called to Order:  7:30 PM followed by Pledge of Allegiance

Roll Call: PRESENT 6 directors, ABSENT 2 directors, One vacancy

Secretary’s Report: Minutes of the October 19, 2015 meeting were read and will be filed

Treasurer’s Report: Treasurer reported following:

Balances in all accounts

Primary Acct               $  7424.99

Legal Checking             4,820.00

Money Market              10,011.90

Total                             $22,256.89

Report will be filed.

Committee Reports:

  • Planning Committee: Chair reported that the committee held its first meeting on October 28th and the next meeting is scheduled for December 7th. Planning committee’s purpose is to conduct a study that the negotiating committee will use during negotiations of new settlement agreement.

  • Recycling: Julie Callebert said that residents should call her or Johnny Partin if they have something for recycling that may need to be picked up. She thanked a Camelot Lakes employee for giving 9 bags of cans to be recycled by Sara-Cam.

  • Special Events: Chair announced the January 18th event – a Potluck Dinner Competition & Dinner with Balloon Bust. A sign up sheet was available for residents to sign up to prepare a potluck dish or to help in serving or clean-up.

  • By-Law Committee: Chair explained that our by-laws have to be updated to reflect the recent changes in the state statute 723. Committee has had one meeting and the next meeting is November 17th. Reminded residents that all Sara-Cam members may attend any posted meeting of the board or of any committee.

Sara-Cam met with Community Manager on November 11th. Questions & answers were read.

President’s Comments:

  • Website chairperson will post a schedule of website training dates. Training will assist residents in navigating the new website.

  • Sara-Cam has requested the placement of wheelchairs in both the Clubhouse and the Auditorium. One wheelchair has been secured and there might be a second wheelchair being donated to Sara-Cam for use in the Auditorium.

  • Board member, Chris Price, has resigned as of October 1, 2015. Speak to any Board member if interested in completing his term. Term ends in March.

  • The board has created a Nominating Committee for the upcoming elections. Speak to Julie Callebert or Denise Jones if you would like to serve on this committee.

  • Residents may use the Clubhouse or Auditorium for personal events (if date is available). Members of Sara-Cam may use Sara-Cam’s insurance to show liability.

Open Forum:

  • Resident Lot 126: Asked what liability would be provided. Concerned about alcohol consumption on the premises. (A) The form that residents must fill out states that alcohol is not covered and cannot be consumed in either building.

  • Resident Lot 359: Asked about collections for the care of the swans. There had been collection boxes and they are now gone. Asked if Sara-Cam would consider allocating $20 per month to the upkeep of the swans. (A) Another resident responded that management did not like the unmanned collection boxes. He has asked for a permanent box and was told no. Donations can be sent directly to the Gracie Foundation. There will be a swan presentation on January 6th. The board will consider the monthly contribution at the next board meeting.

  • Resident Lot 371: Asked whether management could paint the cement barriers around the pools. They are a potential hazard as they blend into the area. (Will be brought up at the next manager’s meeting)

The meeting was adjourned at 8:25 pm with 39 residents attending.

October 19, 2015

Called to Order:  7:31 PM followed by Pledge of Allegiance

Roll Call: 7 Board members; one absent; one vacancy

Slide Presentation: What is Sara-Cam?

Secretary’s Report: Minutes of the September 21, 2015 meeting were read and will be filed.

Treasurer’s Report: Treasurer reported following balances in all accounts

 Committee Reports:

  • Website:  Chair reported that the website is up and ready for use. A training may be scheduled in November to help understand how to use the website.

  • Recycling: residents were reminded  where the recycling bins are located and that information on what can be placed in the bins is taped on the inside lids of the bins.

  • Special Events: Chair thanked all volunteers for the evening’s success. She gave a quick rundown of upcoming activities sponsored by Sara-Cam.

  • Welcome Committee: Chair announced the change of the committee’s individual home visits to quarterly group meetings with new homeowners. Asked for volunteers.

BOD members met with Community Manager on October 14

BOD members met with Regional Manager John Hall for the quarterly walk around on September 25th.

Recognition of New Homeowners: New residents were asked to briefly introduce themselves

President’s Comments:

  • Sara-Cam dues are payable now. If joining now for the first time, payment includes the balance of 2015 and all of 2016.

  • A request for a wheelchair was made in September. Susan approved the idea of having a wheelchair available in the clubhouse and a chair was donated. Looking for a wheelchair for use in the auditorium.

  • A Board member resigned as of October 1, 2015. He is not returning to Camelot Lakes this season. Speak to any Board member if interested in completing his term. Term ends in March.

  • First meeting of the Planning Committee will be October 28 at 10 am.

Open Forum:

  • Lot 254: Asked to have two issues brought to Susan’s attention: people are ignoring the posted speed limit and snowbirds need to keep their property in good condition while they are away. (A) Will bring to Susan’s attention

  • Lot 126: Asked what diapers are being referred to. (A) Children and Adult diapers including swimees. No person using diapers should be in pools or spas.

  • Lot 398: There have been changes to State Statutes 723. How do these changes effect Sara-Cam? (A) Changes went into effect July 1st and Sara-Cam has to follow the updates. By-Law Committee will begin meeting in November.

  • Lot 359: The pool has re-circulated water, this doesn’t eliminate the need for the diaper rule.* (A) Resident told a story of what happened when a diapered person was in the pool and the diaper “didn’t hold.” The pool had to be shut down for 10 days. Also noted that the no parking areas are also not being observed. (* Although during re-circulation the pool water undergoes re-treatment with chlorine and filtration, released fecal material may not be fully eliminated (a complete turn-over of pool volume) before people get exposed.)

  • Lot 2: Many times there is no one at the gate during scheduled times of coverage. (A) Will speak with Susan to get clearer information on coverage at the gate and when access control may be out on patrols.

  • Lot 182 : What is the status of the keypad replacement? (A) New keypad has been ordered. As soon as the information has been transferred to the new database, keypad will be put in.

The meeting was adjourned at 8:58 PM.

 

September 21, 2015

Meeting was called to order at 7:32 pm followed by the Pledge of Allegiance.

Roll Call: 5 BOD members PRESENT

Secretary’s Report: Minutes of the August 17th meeting were read and will be filed.

Treasurer’s Report: President reported for the absent treasurer

Committee Reports:

  • Planning:  Chair of Planning Committee reported that the first official meeting will be at the end of October. Committee has received input from residents and are separating items that may be considered for negotiating and those that should be handled by management on an individual basis. Members of the committee currently number 10 plus the Chair.  Chair reviewed process for filing a complaint – be sure to get a copy of the work order, wait 7 to 10 days for resolution and then if nothing is done fill out a complaint form (on-line or paper). Problem will then be monitored by the board. President said that he has contacted many people to explain why their suggestion was not going to be a negotiating item. Some of those items will be discussed with John Hall on September 25th.

Sara-Cam representatives met with Community Manager on September 16.

President’s Comments:  Rent increase letters will be mailed on September 25th. The increase will be $21 and is the last of the three year agreement.

New Homeowners were recognized

Open Forum:

  • Lot 359: Is there a possibility of getting wheelchairs in both the Clubhouse and Auditorium for use while a resident is attending events that require mobility? For those using walkers, the wheelchair will make getting around easier. (A) Will ask John Hall when we meet at the end of the week.

Thanks extended to 2 women for the evening’s refreshments

The meeting was adjourned at 8:05 PM.

 

Minutes of Monthly HOA Meeting – Summary

August 17, 2015

 

Meeting was called to order at 7:30 pm followed by the Pledge of Allegiance.

Roll Call: 6 BOD members present

Secretary’s Report: Minutes of the July 20, 2015 meeting read and were approved for filing.

Treasurer’s Report: Treasurer reported Expenses: $ 193.54 & Revenue:  $ 634.97

 Committee Reports:

  • Website: new site will be ready for October HOA meeting. Two training sessions will be planned. By-laws and other important documents will go on the site.

  • Fundraising: Tonight’s ice cream sundae event was the last summer activity. Next activity in October.

  • Welcome: Chair reported that new Sarasota neighborhood magazines are available. Resident business cards will not be included in welcome bag.

 Community Manager Report: Q&A were read from meeting of President and one BOD member with Community Manager on August 12th

President’s Comments:

  • New community directories are in. Pick up copies from Laurie in the Clubhouse

  • As of July 1, 2015 there have been major changes to State Statutes 723. The Board and the By-Laws Committee are reviewing those changes and determining what by-law changes Sara-Cam may need.

Open Forum:

  • Resident Lot 179: There have been big dogs at the pool as well as a baby in the pool. (A) Bring the issue to the office so they can be aware and handle the problem.

The meeting was adjourned at 8:10 PM.

Sara-Cam Associates II, Inc.

Homeowners Monthly Meeting Minutes – Summary

July 20, 2015

 

Meeting was called to order at 7:30 pm followed by the Pledge of Allegiance.

Roll Call: 5 BOD members present

Secretary’s Report: Minutes of the June 15, 2015 meeting read and were approved for filing.

Treasurer’s Report: Expenses:    $214.76   Revenue:        255.75

Committee Reports:

  • Website: Committee Chair reported that she currently has 38 pages for the website and half have been uploaded. There will be a committee meeting on July 27th at 6:00 pm to look at the work done so far. Still looking for more historical information.

  • Fundraising On Saturday, July 18th, the first Rubber Duck Race was held. We made $396.62 from the evening’s event. Next event is a Ice Cream Sundae night on July 17th. Tickets available tonight and then from the social coordinator.

  • Welcome: Bags are ready and home visits to begin. Chair reported that she has made contact with several new residents who are snowbirds.

Regional Manager and Community Manager Reports were read. Regional manager outlined plans for the future as it concerns homes in the community. 9 more homes to be leveled and the lots resodded. Additional new units will be brought in as they sell. Independent contractors currently have several homes that they are renovating. They have the option to sell homes and if not sold they renovated homes are returned to management to sell.

President’s Comments:

  • New emergency phone number: 844-285-2099. Number is for after hours use and is posted at Clubhouse entrance. Number is monitored 24/7

  • Our recycling bin was emptied recently by an unknown person. Signs will be placed on the bins stating that the cans are for Sara-Cam only.

  • Volunteers are always needed for committees or for events.

  • Thanks to volunteers for desserts, collecting pennies, selling ice cream sundae tickets and manning the membership table.

Recognition of New Homeowners:  3 lots

Open Forum:

  •  Resident Lot 2: Many homes seem to be empty. Why? (A) Many residents are away for the summer and will return in the fall.

  • Resident Lot 447: 6 contractors impact the security of the community. Are they all out by 5:00 pm? (A) Unknown. Will ask management at next meeting.

  • Resident Lot 53: Asked if any road work would be done this year and which street or streets. (A) Camelot Drive North.

  • Resident Lot 359: Reported that one of the contractors had appliances stolen recently.

  • Resident Lot 273: Suggested that an annual garage sale would be a way to raise money. (A) The community has two flea markets – November & February – where residents are able to sell unwanted/new items.

The meeting was adjourned at 8:20 PM.

 

Sara-Cam Associates II, Inc.

Homeowners Monthly Meeting Minutes – Summary

June 15, 2015

 

Called to Order:  7:30PM with 37 Members present

 Pledge of Allegiance

 Roll Call: PRESENT Julie Callebert, Betty Kusel, Phillip Shope, Merri Tangney, Don Wise, Denise Jones  ABSENT Jim Erceg, Barry Mintz, Chris Price

 Secretary’s Report: Minutes of the May 18, 2015 meeting were read, approved and will be filed.

 Treasurer’s Report: Treasurer reported balances in all accounts.

 Committee Reports:

  • Website: website will go online in the fall. Information for the site is being assembled now. Training sessions on how to access information on the website will be scheduled. There will be a Sara-Cam icon on the community computers to make access easier.

  • Fundraising: There will be two more summer events – Rubber Duck Derby & Dinner on July 18th and Build Your Own Ice Cream Sundae Night on August 17th. Volunteers are needed for the Rubber Duck Derby and to serve on the Fundraising Committee in general. Tonight’s Ice Cream Float Night was a fun night. Thanks to all committee members and thanks to a resident for the musical entertainment.

  • Welcome: Home visits to begin next week.

  • Can Recycling: Drop off is behind the auditorium. Make every effort to keep the area neat & clean. Will take metal, cans, etc.

President’s Comments:

  • Read the June 11 manager meeting questions & answers

  • HEAT (Homeowners Emergency Action Team) will have a meeting on June 22nd at 6:30 pm in the Clubhouse. Volunteers welcome

  • Quarterly Walk Around scheduled for Tuesday, June 23rd

  • Community lawns will be graded on 1-5 scale shortly to determine which lawns qualify to have sod replaced

  • Annual financial review completed; Our records are accurate and complete

  • All committees are looking for volunteers

 Recognition of New Homeowners: None at this meeting

 Open Forum:

  • Resident Lot 2: Thanked residents who participated in the Recognition of Vets on Memorial Day

  • Resident Lot 447: Asked if the ratings of lawns had been completed yet. (A) No, the lawns will be reviewed by the end of the month. Susan will schedule with Phill Shope & Ben Jones

  • Resident Lot 248: Asked if any road work would be done this year. (A) Yes, but no start time has been given yet.

  • Resident Lot 359: Thanked board for efforts in making sure flags are displayed properly. Also asked about the prospectuses we were promised. (Will check with Susan.)

  • Resident Lot 182: Asked when the website will be opened. (A) Working on documents to upload now. Fall opening expected.   Also stated that he has received about 8/9 messages concerning points to bring to management during negotiations.

 President thanked Membership Committee member for the manning the membership table tonight.

 50/50 drawing : $18.50 went to the winner

The meeting adjourned at 8:10 PM.